Coast Interfaith Council of Clerics (CICC) Trust is a non-profit faith based organization that works with clerics, religious leaders and faith communities from diverse faiths to promote tolerance, peaceful coexistence, good governance and democracy, environmental management and conservation through intra and interfaith dialogues.
- African Traditional Religions (ATRs); http://madcakenya.org/sample-page/
CICC has been involved in the following activities:
1) Intra and Inter Religious dialogue to address religious intolerance and misunderstanding.
2) Intra-inter ethnic dialogue to address ethnic intolerance and prejudice.
3) Civic education and people centered governance campaigns.
4) Community sensitization and awareness on current agendas and community concerns.
5) Capacity building for religious leaders for effective management of community concerns and conflicts.
6) Networking and collaboration with like minded stakeholder in the different areas of CICC interventions.
Currently CICC works in the six counties of the Coast region i.e. Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi, Tana River, Lamu and Taita Taveta; as well as Garissa and Nairobi counties.
CICC is governed by a board of trustees who represent the eight CICC member organizations. Each member organization is represented by two religious leaders making a total of 16 members.
It also has county, sub-county and ward committees of six religious leaders representing the various member organizations. These committees are the main implementers of CICC projects. They ensure actual and proper implementations of all activities at the various levels.
CICC is grateful to her partners for believing in the work we do namely(but not limited to:-
1. Catholic Relief Services( CRS Kenya):
2. Royal Danish Embassy (RDE):
3. Pact Kenya (ACT):
4. British High Commission- Nairobi:
5. DFID - British High Commission- Nairobi (BRICS Program):
6. DFID – British High Commission- Nairobi (COFFEY International):
7. The CMC Netherlands:
8. High Commission of Canada - Canada Fund for Local Initiatives:
9. German Embassy:
10. Ifa (zivik Funding Programme) – German Federal Foreign Office:
11. GCERF (Global Community Engagement Resilience Fund):
12. GHR Foundation:
13. TBI (Tony Blair Institute):
14. USAID-International Organization for Migration:
15. MERCY CORPS:
16. Coffey International Development Limited:
17. Civil Peace Service ( AGIAMONDO):
19. The Kingdom of Netherlands:
21. Konrad Adenauer Stiftung: